RAINN Over HoustonRAINN Over Houston is a benefit concert for RAINN, The Rape Abuse & Incest National Network (www.RAINN.org). 100% of net proceeds are being donated directly to RAINN, and we are working alongside RAINN, the media, and local like-cause organizations to acheive the following goals:
- To raise $3,000 (or preferably more!) for RAINN.
- To educate our communities regarding rape and abuse statistics, ways they can identify and help victims, and ways they can reduce their risk of assault.
- To educate victims regarding their local organizations and resources, from crisis shelters to pro bono lawyers.
- To give local organizations, such as The Bridge Over Troubled Waters and The Houston Area Women's Center, exposure in the media, thus increasing their community visibility and effecting an influx of donations of supplies and finances.
- To enact a "RAINN Campaign;" an online and grassroots promotions campaign that will champion the anti-abuse cause not only in Texas but across the world.
- To organize a tour of "RAINN Showers;" preconcert events to take place on local college, university, and church campuses, and any other local venue that can hold us. These will feature live music and special speakers from local like-cause organizations, police representatives, family lawyers, and government officials, to educate and empower.
- To empower victims and abuse survivors everywhere through a grassroots campaign and a huge community event that will announce loud and clear: YOU ARE NEVER ALONE!
RAINN Advisors Chelsea Bowers
RAINN, Developement Associate
RAINN, Vice President for Development